We welcome you to our family based ministry webpage. It is such a thrill that you want to learn more about how God can bless your family through knowing Him better. You may be asking yourself, what is different about a family based ministry? I am glad you asked.
We, at St. Michael’s, believe that the best teachers for our children are the faith-driven parents. In this family led ministry, parents find that they have the greatest amount of time and the unique ability to really impact their child’s faith. Our goal, as a department, is to provide opportunities and materials to help enhance these learning moments that families share together. The Children’s Ministry is dedicated to honoring and encouraging families in their walk with Christ.
Nursery (0 - 5 years)
Sundays, 8:45 am - 12:30 pm
We are following DHEC regulations that mandates no more than 3 infants per caregiver. At this point, we have hired two nursery workers. More spots will be added as we add nursery staff.
If you know of any responsible adults, teenagers, or college students who would be willing to work on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings, please contact Danielle Lindstrom.
Children's Sunday School (Pre-K - 5th Grade)
Pre-K to 3rd grade meets in the Kids Korner at 10:00 am on Sunday
4th & 5th grade meet in the Kinloch Room at 10:00 am on Sunday
KidCheck In- How Do I Sign Up?
- Download the KidCheck App onto your phone which can be found on St. Michael’s Church website- Children’s Ministries page.
- You must register all children you intend to check-in for Sunday School.
- Registering prior to drop-off ensures that we have adequate staff and volunteers based on our fixed capacity and space required to adhere to CDC guidelines.
- KidCheck confirmation check-in is located on the 1st floor of the loggia building.
What Will Check-In Look Like?
- You will receive a name tag! One for your child and one for the guardian for pick-up.
- Handwashing and/or Hand Sanitizer will be readily available at Check-In.
Will My Child Be Safe Inside?
- Safety and health are our main priority!
- Current Kinloch classroom will have a ratio of 1 Lead Teacher, 1 Teacher Helper and 1 Floater/HallWay Monitor. (all volunteers will undergo a wellness check prior to serving.)
- Occasionally, individually wrapped snacks will be provided and we advise you send your child with their own water bottle.
- Handwashing and/or Hand sanitizer will be available at all times.
What About the Germs?
- St. Michaels is fortunate to have staff that provide cleaning service. St. Michael’s will clean the facility before and after Sunday School concludes, in between services, and after church use on Sunday afternoon.
- On top of the consistent use of Clorox wipes, Lysol, hand sanitizer, and gloves, staff and volunteers are required to clean all surfaces and materials with an industrial cleaning solution in between services.
- Paid workers and Volunteers will be required to wear face coverings and/or face shields, gloves and pass weekly wellness checks. !