Lent & Easter 2023
Tuesday, February 21
6:00 pm Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper Kinloch Room
The youth and Taylor Daniel will prepare pancakes and BACON for our annual Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper. Bring your friends and family! Donations appreciated.
Ash Wednesday, February 22
- 7:30 am Liturgy of the Word & Imposition of Ashes
- 12:00 noon Liturgy of the Word & Imposition of Ashes
- 5:30 pm Liturgy of the Word & Imposition of Ashes
Lenten Prayer Card
Lenten Prayer is an opportunity for the Rector to pray personally for you about anything going on in your life and ministry. As part of his annual Lenten Retreat, our Rector requests prayer cards from the congregation.
How can he pray for you? Are there things going on in your life you would like him to know about? Concerns? Prayers you would like lifted up? Simply write whatever is on your heart.
How do you give him your prayer requests?
- Pick up a Prayer card in the narthex or church office, fill it out, and turn it in to the office or in the offering plate
- Click on the link below to print out a Lenten Prayer card. You can then drop it off at the office or in the offering plate, or mail to: St. Michael’s Church, 71 Broad St., Charleston, SC 29401
- Or you can simply email the Rector’s Assistant, Susan Waring, with your prayer request at email@example.com
Click here for a Lenten Prayer Card
Community Lenten Series
March 1 – March 29
This year the Community Lenten Series will be on Exploring the Symbols of Lent: Ashes ~ Stones ~ Nails ~ Cross ~ Donkey. Each Wednesday service begins at 12:00 noon, and will be immediately followed by a light lunch in the parish hall of the host church. Participating clergy and churches are:
- The Rev. Marshall Blalock, Pastor, First Baptist Church
- Dr. L. Holton Siegling, Jr., Pastor, First (Scots) Presbyterian Church
- The Rev. Anthony Thompson, Pastor, Holy Trinity Reformed Episcopal Church
- The Rev. Mark Scott, Interim Pastor, St. John’s Lutheran Church
- The Rev. Al Zadig, Jr., Rector, St. Michael’s Church
Community Lenten Series Schedule
- March 1 First (Scots) Presbyterian Church Preacher: The Rev. Mark Scott Ashes
- March 8 St. Michael's Church Preacher: Dr. L. Holton Siegling, Jr. Stones
- March 15 Holy Trinity Reformed Episcopal Church Preacher: The Rev. Marshall Blalock Nails
- March 22 St. John's Lutheran Church Preacher: The Rev. Anthony Thompson Cross
- March 29 First Baptist Church Preacher: The Rev. Al Zadig, Jr. Donkey
Palm Sunday, April 2
- 8:00 am Holy Communion
- 9:00 am Contemporary service with Communion & Donkey Procession
- 11:00 am Traditional service with Communion & Donkey Procession
- 5:00 pm Concert: The Passion of Our Lord According to St. Mark, by Charles Wood. St. Michael's and St. Philip's are jointly presenting a Palm Sunday concert. Chris Walchesky, conductor; Paul Reese, organist. St. Philip's Church, 142 Church Street.
Maundy Thursday, April 6
- 5:30 pm Holy Communion with Foot Washing & Stripping of the Altar
Good Friday, April 7
- 12:00 pm Outdoor Stations of the Cross - outdoor walk beginning at the Gazebo at the Battery
- 3:00 pm Good Friday Liturgy
- 6:00 pm Good Friday Liturgy
Holy Saturday, April 8
- 9:00 am – 2:00 pm Spiritual Counsel & Confession with St. Michael’s Clergy. Walk in or by appointment. Call 843-723-0603 to make an appointment.
Easter Sunday, April 9
- 6:30 am Easter Sunrise Service at the Battery
- 8:00 am Holy Communion
- 9:00 am Contemporary Easter Worship
- 10:00 am Easter Egg Hunt in the churchyard
- 11:00 am Traditional Festival Eucharist
The 9:00 am and 11:00 am services will have overflow seating available in the Kinloch Room on the first floor of the Belser Building, across the churchyard from the church.